09 September 2012

Balanced Literacy Begins

I have loved getting to travel in and out of our K-5 classrooms.  We have 26 classrooms this year!  (No wonder I am feeling a little overwhelmed getting into each one)

This is our first school year to have adopted a reader's workshop model in every classroom.   Each classroom may look and sound a bit different but in all classrooms you will find....

Students independent reading & building reading stamina
Teachers using the gradual release model
1:1 Conferring
Word work
Classroom libraries 
Small group work
Making Meaning Comprehension focus lessons with Vocabulary
Fluency practice
Partner reading
Listening to reading
Students responding to reading

Enjoy the few photos I have captured so far!  3rd grade photos are yet to come!  (I promise)
I made the video using Animoto (easy-peasy)         Happy Reading- Mrs. Speake


Use this link if the video is below is blurry.   Video



No comments:

Post a Comment