01 August 2012

This & That



My office is quite small and nothing really matches.
I had three rusty old filing cabinets-grey, brown and tan and one large cabinet grey and scratched.  SO I spent a few evenings painting each one.   I used enamel rust-o-leum paint.  It rolled on easily.  Now they all match and the rust has disappeared and the scratches are covered for now! Hopefully it will help my small space look a little better.  I started refreshing my desk too. I added chalk board paint.  I plan to write quotes or fun sayings on the front each week.  I need something to spruce up the joint. ;)  Did I mention I am in a storage closet which means: no windows, NO air circulation and NO heat in the winter.   Crazy right?  But I guess its a space and its mine so I better not say any more.

 




                                                         
                Two fun purchases!!  My new pencil sharpener that will travel with me.  It is to be the latest and BEST sharpener for pencils.  It is hard to imagine, but keeping pencils sharpened is quite a BIG problem in lower elementary.  Are pencils just made differently?  I never remember these sharpening issues ten years ago??   This sharpener (designed by a teacher) is to solve many management and time problems. Check it out!      Classroom Friendly Sharpener




The Easi-Speak Microphone by Learning Resources has been fun already and so very easy to use.  It records and can instantly download to your computer as an MP3 file or podcast.  I can't wait to use this with my elementary students to record their fluency, presentations, digital stories or for audio books read by adults in my building. So many uses!   



Coming soon....a book room!  The K-8 books have arrived and now we are just waiting for the shelves to be ordered and delivered.
Happy Reading! Mrs. Speake

No comments:

Post a Comment